Oh the Places You'll Go Scholarship
Dr. Seuss's Oh, the Places You'll Go! College Scholarship recognizes high school seniors who understand and value the limitless possibilities that education can offer with a scholarship award. Applicants must be 12th grade high school students graduating spring 2011, age 21 years or under. (Family members; employees of Bertelsmann; Random House, Inc.; or its subsidiaries, divisions or affiliates are ineligible.)
Compositions are judged by their technical merit. We are looking for writing with a strong, clear voice by authors who are original, creative, and draw clear connections back to Dr. Seuss's Oh, the Places You'll Go!. Compositions should answer the question fully.
Dr. Seuss's Oh, the Places You'll Go! delivers an important message about the chances and the troubles that life presents. Thinking about the book, Oh, The Places You'll Go!, what kinds of opportunities and challenges do you think your education will present in the future?
1. You must be a high school senior.
2. Your original literary composition must be submitted in personal essay/memoir format.
3. All submissions must be typed, double-spaced, and no longer than one page (500 words) with a minimum font size of 12 point.
4. Include your name and the title of your entry at the top of your submission.
5. No handwritten entries
6. No photos or drawings.
7. You may submit only one entry to the competition.
8. Foreign language submissions and previously published or awarded material will not be accepted.
9. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS. NO PLAGIARISM, NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by February 15, and mailed to Oh, the Places Scholarship Program. Mail entries to : Oh the Places Scholarship Program
c/o Random House Children's Books
1745 Broadway, Mail-Drop 10-3
New York, NY 10019